Ultrasonic WeldingUltrasonic welding
Klebo Technics is specialized in ultrasonic welding of thermoplastics. There is a long term cooperation with a manufacturer of ultrasonic welding equipment, based on high-frequency sound technology.
The primary applications are ultrasonic welding of thermoplastics. But ultrasonic welding is also practised as a suitable fastening technique for thermosetting plastics.
Klebo Technics has realized practical applications for:
- Packaging systems – the ultrasonic welding of absorberpads in plastic trays for meat, poultry and fish products
- Sustainable energy systems – the ultrasonic welding of plastics for cultivating algae
- Medical devices – for attaching stoma patches
- Drainage technology – an encapsulated metal wire is used for locating drainage systems in the soil
Benefits of ultrasonic welding are:
- hardly any heating of the workpieces, so no deformations
- cooling isn’t necessary (= energy savings)
- optimal hygiene (no smoke, vapor and no waste materials), even without ventilation
- suitable for automation of the industrial fastening process
- high performance; often ultrasonic welding occurs within one single second; the workpieces can therefore proceed directly into the mechanical process flow
- a safe welding process, because there is no open fire (combustible and explosive materials can be ultrasonic welded)
Summary: ultrasonic welding is a suitable alternative for well-known fastening technique as screwing, glueing or clicking. ?
Advice en technical support
- Do you have specific questions about ultrasonic welding?
- Are you looking for a dedicated welding process for plastics, probably combined with metal work pieces?
- Do you want to integrate ultrasonic welding into a new machine application?
- Are you looking for a mechatronic design in order to develop new machinery based on ultrasonic welding?